May 22, 2020 Using Chat Streams for Remote Collaboration
Using Streams for Remote Collaboration
With so many teleworking and collaborating on the cloud these days, breaks at the water cooler and chats near the copy machine are becoming less common. Most companies are utilizing some sort of instant messaging platform to chat with their teams and there are numerous reasons to do so.
There are lots of offerings in this space. Slack for example calls their group chat “channels” whereas we at Circle Cloud Communications call them “streams” and this feature is available on both the mobile smartphone app and the PC Softphone.
Pros of using Streams:
- You can customize groups of chats for specific projects, teams, activities, →literally anything.
- Collaborate in real-time to take advantage of super-fast response times which is great when you have tight deadlines.
- Initiate ad hoc or scheduled web conferences at the touch of a button.
- Remote work can be done securely.
- Not as formal as email so chatting can be fun.
Cons of Streams
- Info Retrieval: If you are multi-tasking with many different projects & streams, it can be cumbersome to go through and find the info you need.
- It can be distracting if you are getting blown up with notifications non-stop. However, if you or your team members leave their phone on do not disturb or turn off notifications expect slower response times.
- Keep it (mostly) professional: Sometimes chatting can be too informal and people may go off on tangents or share weird memes. It is good to have fun but you may need to monitor a bit and set an appropriate expectation.
That being said, streams are just one tool within your UC toolkit to help you accomplish your work in the most efficient way possible. Email is great for important items and updates but its harder to have a meaningful conversation.
Circle Cloud streams allow you and your team to unlock the hidden potential when you utilize the following:
- Task lists and role assignments
- File-sharing and annotation
- Calendar & Outlook integration
- Adhoc and scheduled web meetings
- Secure remote working
- English & Japanese language support
To discover more about how Streams can boost your company’s collaborative power please send us an inquiry !